Sports Car Illustrated 1958

Summing up, for the man who wants to drive his car on the street and race it on weekends and still have a chance at the hardware, the Elva Courier will be hard to beat. Admittedly some of the amenities of the full street or boulevard sports car are missing, but to the truly shriven the no-nonsense performance and maneuverability of the Courier will make up for any number of cigarette lighters, ash trays and fancy knobs. SCI 1958

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 1, 2010

MGA Deviant


I did rescue the Elva behind the barn - in all it's horse chewed glory and rusted frame
I resurrected the car - new body - new drive line and sold it to Raymond Hoepper - more about Ray later in this blog

In the process of owning a rare car came in touch with everyone who had ever owned or raced an Elva in the Midwest





Steve Linn in Madison was the previous owner of my car and he campaigned an Elva Courier Spyder in Midwest Council and SCCA E Prod - to good results. The road car shared the pits with the race car

Don Kopiske - the most famous Elva Courier Racer in the Midwest - owner of the car behind the barn

I drove all over collecting discarded parts in my Ford Fiesta
Windshields, Brakes Suspension Parts, Pedal Boxes - stuff still in the attic demanding a sorting through.

I had started an obsession

2 comments:

  1. Do you own the former Kopiske car? My father worked on it and was a good friend of Don's.

    E-mail me if you get a chance.

    jacques@uemsi.com
    Jacques Dresang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to - It was 100/106/L belongs to Ray Hoepper in Neenah WI last I checked
    it was my first Elva Courier

    ReplyDelete